Can non-US citizens trade with Street Authority?

I live outside of the United States. Can I still trade equities with Street Authority?

Most U.S. brokers require a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number. However, many non-U.S. brokers do allow their customers to buy U.S. stocks and funds.

With options trading, however, the choices are more limited. Some brokers that our members have reported successfully using include Interactive Brokers, TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab, eOption, and Tradestation. Contact them directly to see if they service your country.

Questrade is a Canadian brokerage some people recommend. TD Waterhouse is another that many Canadians use to trade option spreads.

CommSec is an Australian brokerage, but we hear they have high fees. Interactive Brokers seems to be the preferred broker by our Australian members.

Street Authority does not have a biased relationship with or receive compensation from any brokers. Nor do we endorse any particular broker. It is your choice as to which broker you use.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us